Sunday, July 17, 2011

"1+1=...1?"


Meet Sol, Gods newest addition to my life! This LOVELY woman is my wife, and i couldn't be more happy that she is! You would not believe how hard it was to search for a picture that would capture WHO she is. There were so many to choose from and every time I would get to one I thought would be a good choice I kept liking the next one more. After cycling through her pictures about 3 times and getting annoyed with the fact that I simply could not find a picture of my own wife that I just LOVED. So, this one was chosen.

This post may make some of you repulsed at how much love is in our relationship just to forewarn you ;) This is going to be raw, sorta off the top of the "dome" but bare with me...

Is it wrong to not even know where to start when you're introducing your wife to the public? This woman has it all, she has the most intelligent, strong, independent, fiery demeanor about her. All at the same time, equipped with the softest, most caring, passionate, attitude and personality that makes her just light up. When she talks, out comes the sweetest sound of voice, stacked with innocence and beauty and sprinkled with a lot a bit of Mexican accent! All of this makes her radiate with this essence that makes me wanna hug and squeeze her till it seems socially awkward really lol ;)

What can I say, I'm crazy about this woman. She is everything I am not. She truly does make up my better half. There is no lotto in the world that can be won to make me feel as lucky as i feel having her as my wife...and not this "2011" version of wives where its here one minute and gone the next. She is here to stay, I challenge any man out there to lay yourself down and let God show you what you need, then say "yes" and do all you can to go get her and do even more to keep her! Once you have drank from His cup, you never thirst again! <-- true statement.

This post will be some what short considering the ones to follow will go into greater detail of "what I have been doing for the past year or so" to catch you all up. However I do want to say a few things before I end this. Trips are short, a lot may happen but for the most part they are brief segments of one larger story. When you go on a trip, you only come back with quick recaps of small experiences that may effect you, but not necessarily change you. Journeys, however, now that is something to talk about. A journey is a life changing experience that defines your character and helps mold you into who you end up being by the end of your life. Trips are simply paragraphs in the Novel of "Your Life"...a journey is a chapter.

A trip tends to present itself in a way that suggests to you "this is how life is", while a journey does not do a lot of advertising, it will just SHOW you how life is. Most of the time the two do not add up, and if we do not have our wisdom, we end up confused and overlooking what the answer really was. Sometimes, we get an answer to a question that we really did not have at the moment...and if we don't pay attention to whats being shown to us REALLY in life...well then we tend to fall back on what we thought the outcome "should of been"...in reality there should be no argument there. "The proof was in the pudding".

Throughout my latest journey, there have been a cornucopia of things shown to me. Each a puzzle piece to the big picture of not what life should be, but what this life IS. Please, don't get it twisted and think I am claiming to have life's answers, but through some of my experiences, you may get some of your questions answered, you never know.

My future post are still going to show my art and the stories inspired them, as well as the struggles that came about along this journey.

AHH! My beautiful, lovey wife... This post is titled "1+1=...1?" because it is a symbol of my realization of what I have found to be true... that when you find, or when she arrives in your life and you make that connection and your eyes and heart are opened. Your mind tells you there are others around, but your eyes can't see them...and your heart opens up to make room for her...and she floats on in and settles down as graceful as the feather that falls into the book in the opening credits of "Forrest Gump" lol, when that happens you then realize that"ME plus HER" does not equal the "two of us". That would suggest that you are both a separate item, just next to one another. Instead, when that process happens and she appears in your life almost unknowingly, but somehow your heart knew all along...well you then get shown how math in the real world works...1+1=1. We are one....one body....one spirit...one life now. One solid bond of unity for the rest of our eternal lives, because we made the vow before our God, with the others best interest at heart. I promised that I would take her as my wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse. I would be what she needs me to be no matter her circumstance...and I do this for HER, not for me. What makes her so amazing is she vowed the same thing, till death do us part...now let me ask you this....How do you divide 1?

"What God has joined together, let NO man separate"....if you divide 1, its no longer whole.

5 comments:

Sherri Murphy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherri Murphy said...

Beautiful! As her her mother-in-law, I can say, she is an answer to our prayers! Couldn't be more pleased with your choice for a mate...well, GOD'S choice for your mate! :)
Loved the post. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Jordan!!!!
Love you,
DJ

Jordan Ray Murphy said...

well thank you guys...it felt good to talk about. it was very fresh in me and thought i should share it!

Debbie Cash said...

Jordan, what a wonderful way to introduce Sol to all of us! You are more like your mother than you know, you have the same skill of relating your life through writing. I can't wait to read your next post! I love you and your beautiful wife!