Monday, February 1, 2010

" Creation "

This is another mural I have painted in my apartment on the opposite wall as "The Mural in My Mind". I call this "Creation".

I'll start by explaining "the green stuff". The green swirls flowing out everywhere is the breath of life. I chose green because when I think about the word "life" or think about any living thing at all that color comes to my mind...with the words "fertility"and "growth" attached to it. The swirls are to show a process is being done here. The man is drawn in a sketchy manner to show that HE as a man is being made into something physical. As of now you can still see through him. His face and hands are not complete yet because the process is not over .

The man is drawn in this smokey manner to represent his "spirit man"/soul. He is reared back in this overwhelming pose as if something is just over taking him. I'd imagine if we could be alive somehow when we were being created it would be something like that as well.

"...from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." I'm pretty obsessed with the idea of man's creation. I think about it a lot. For some reason ,something about the human body just really interests me. God knew what he was doing when he was constructing this creation that has skin and an armor type feel to the layout of his muscle anatomy. As if God knew 'man' was going to be a warrior of some sort, he gave him a breastplate to protect his heart and lungs, two of the most vital parts of His creation.

He also covered up one of the most sensitive parts with a coat of abdominal muscles. Covered the arms with the most practical set of muscles that allow you to function but still protect yourself in a way. I could go on and on about this but for times sake, I'll keep it short.. but the idea that we were next in line in the thoughts in God's head right after the earth was made.

Scripture said the land was covered in dirt or dust because God had not yet sent rain , he also didn't have anyone to work the earth for when it did rain...so he made man from the dirt. I love the fact that we were not accident and were designed for a purpose. I sit sometimes and think about how I create my own art for certain purposes and what not ...and I think about humans.. how we are all unique in one way or the other and have are own purposes of why we were made. That makes me want to find out so badly what I was originally supposed to do...instead of all the dumb things I choose to do in the process.

I will leave you with this, referring to the painting : when you feel incomplete or empty with no identity, or "no hands" and feeling incapable of doing anything....when you get to that point in life, I encourage you to rear back and let the breath of life overwhelm you and FLOW through you to let it finish 'Its' original purpose...to give us LIFE... and give it abundantly.

No comments: